Search string with case or no-case in API and SQL way

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jun 15 20:55:29 CDT 2005

On 6/15/05 6:32 PM, "info at vallemediatime.com" <info at vallemediatime.com>
wrote:

> Hi Ruslan and list,

> I've seen that in V2 the case and no-case search are changed.
> In API way seems to me that searching works in 'no_case' setting;
> in SQL way the searching works in 'case' setting... right?

In general no. Both should work in the same way

And this way is defined mainly by

    db.CollationAttribute( kStrength ) = kPrimary/kSecondary/...

> Can you tell me more informations? Or where to find it?
> Thanks
>

> Now I want try thid query with 'no_case' setting but I need some help.
>
> on searchByString
> searchString = member("searchString").text
> gCursor = 0
> query = "SELECT RecID, * from STUDENTI\
> WHERE '" & searchString & "' IN\
> (sF1, sF2, sF3, sF4, sF5, sF6, sF7, sF8, sF9, sF10,\
> sF11, sF12, sF13, sF14, sF15, sF16, sF17, sF18, sF19, sF20,\
> sF21, sF22, sF23, sF24, sF25, sF26, sF27, sF28, sF29, sF30)"
> gCursor = gDb.sqlSelect(query, #kServer, #kReadWrite, #kRandom)
> if CheckValError() then exit
> updateResultGrid()
> end
>
> I must insert 'no_case' like V1 or what?

V2 do not have keyword no case.
You can use for REGEX the  (?i) to change case sensitivity.

Look again on example Field_Find.
Note, in V4MD it was fixed in 2.0.4