[V4RB2] Register, Connect, Create and other issues

Eric Ferrer wonderfef at noos.fr
Wed Jun 15 10:36:01 CDT 2005

Hello all,

Well, it seems that VStudio was able to convert my db to v2.
It says that the operation was successfull and it is able to open the
converted db and browse its data.

Well, that's a good point.

But now, I'd like Valentina Office Server to handle my database, but
none of the "Register" methods I could find was able to do it :
Most of the time, VStudio quits when I try to connect to Valentina
Office Server.
If I can connect to server, it quits when I use the function
"Register  Database".

So I tried a trick :
- create a blank database to force Valentina Server to register it,
- close the Valentina Server service,
- replace the freshly created db by my old good one
- launch the Valentina Server service again
But that does not seem to work neither...

In the meantime, I discovered that even if I create the new db using
mode 5 (.vdb + .ind), I always get a mode 4 (.blb + .dat + .ind + .vdb)

How long is the way to V2?
Everything quits, crashes or freezes...
What's wrong with the way I use Valentina?
Where is the time when setting up Vserver was a 3 step process that
worked right away?

Moreover, how to register VStudio?
I'm fed up with the demo message.
I was told that buying a license of VServer beta allows me to use V2
and V2 users are supposed to get a free copy of VStudio, nope?

Eric