How to tell if any record in a cursor is not empty (or not null)

jda jda at his.com
Sat Jun 11 16:14:26 CDT 2005

>Actually Vcusor API -- already not pure SQL way,
>     but some kind of mix of SQL + API.
>
>Answer on your question is -- There is NO other way.
>
>What is you real task ?

Hi Ruslan,

I have a database that contains data I use as templates for
formatting the display of information. There is one field in each
data record that, if not NULL, tells be to set a boolean flag. So I
iterate through the cursor to find if any records have such a
non-NULL field.

It's no big deal to do it this way (or as I said, with a new query),
but I thought there might be a more elegant SQL way. But if not it is
no big deal, since the looping works fine.

Jon