V4RB 1 - Win corrupt table not corrupt in Mac

Tim James tjames1 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jun 6 13:06:59 CDT 2005

I have a DB that was causing a hard crash of a Win XP application when
I tried to insert records into one particular table.

The db table used to accept insert - application is running on Win XP
(at 40+ sites also)

After much debugging by copying the folder containing the .vdb, .ind,
.dat files to a mac I could find nothing

I then discovered that when I tried the insert on the XP machine (after
a 2 hour car journey) - I could replicate the crash, but doing the same
insert on a mac version using the copied DB no crash would occur?

I then deleted all records from that table and the problem was solved.

Previously I had reindexed (by command and dumping .ind file), diagnose
- no errors found, Select * from the table all to no avail.

Does this make sense to anyone (or Ruslan?).

What is the best procedure for such a case

XMLDump table and reload

delete table and redefine in ADD Table command?

insert into [backup duplicate table] with select from clause   ?

TIA

Tim James