[V4Rb 2] Constructor overriding problem

Charles Yeomans yeomans at desuetude.com
Sat Jun 4 16:08:38 CDT 2005

On Jun 3, 2005, at 4:55 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 6/3/05 11:07 PM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:
>
>>> But why you write here default parameters ?
>>> This is wrong. You do call of function, default params can be
>>> specified only
>>> when you declare function.
>>
>> Right.  What I mean to say is that I cannot pass any optional
>> parameters when I call the constructor.  So let me pose this problem
>> --
>> why does the code below not work?
>
> Simple project for fast test ?

I'll whip one up; it appears to be an Rb 2005 problem.  By the way, Rb
5.5 shows three constructors for VDatabase --

VDatabase(inServer)
VDatabase(inHost, inUserName, inUserPassword, inPort, inOptions)
VDat	abase(inStorageType)

The first is not mentioned in the documentation, and the second has a
parameter list different from that of the documentation.

?