[V4Rb 2] VCursor.AddRecord

Erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Thu Jun 2 11:40:17 CDT 2005

Hello Ruslan,

On 02-giu-05, at 08:07, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 6/2/05 12:26 AM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:
>

>> What is the meaning of the integer returned by VCursor.AddRecord?
>>

> I think it is index in the cursor.
> For cursor no many sense.

why can't we get the Recid of new record as in Table api?
after all Vale should know...

btw
I can't remember, do we have now function to get recid of last added
record?

> Just in our C++ API cursor is a table also.
> So it have the same API for Table functions as AddRecord().
>
> In future we hope for V4RB also have interfaces,
> So we bring this to V4RB also

mmm... If I understand it well this answers my question
you don't want break oop model in cursor implementation

I'm not deep enough into it so ignore it if I say something too
stupid but...
couldn't cursor be subclass of table and have own AddRecord()
overridding parent's one so to be able return correct Recid info?

Cool Runnings,
Erne.