Gripes

Bob Keeney bkeeney at everestkc.net
Fri Jul 29 14:06:04 CDT 2005

I am very disappointed in the development of Valentina 2.0 and it's
seriously starting to interfere with my project.  We are basically
waiting on several items to get fixed before we can release the
product and recoup some of my clients investment.

Here's my hit list in order of priority:

1.  Data integrity.  I can force quit my application at any point in
the process and experience a data loss.  To me, this is unacceptable
because stuff happens at inappropriate times.  If we were doing
editing or read and writes I would expect to experience some data
loss but all I'm doing is viewing data with no record locks.  As a
developer I have to trust that my database isn't going to destroy
itself.  I don't get warm fuzzies when I think about

2.  Encryption.  On May 7th of this year Ruslan promised encryption
sometime in May.  It's now the end of July.  My client cannot release
his product until encryption is in place due to the sensitive nature
of the data.

3.  Class way of creating databases on the Server.  This is a new bug
but I wanted it on the list.