Going From Data File To Server

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jul 27 00:56:45 CDT 2005

On 7/27/05 12:19 AM, "Bob Keeney" <bkeeney at everestkc.net> wrote:

Hi Bob,

> RB Tutorial #2 shows how to create a database on the server and to
> create the tables, links, etc.
>
> My existing database file uses subclasses of the VDatabase and
> VTables to define the database.  Is it possible to create the
> database on the server the same way?

yes

Although note, 1 days ago Igor have fix some bug in ClassesWay + VServer

I hope that tomorrow we will upload 2.0.5 fc5

> If so, can you post a snippet of code that performs this duality?

Just look into ANY example from folder API_Way.

Pay attention that they have 2 constructors.
One for local db, and one for remote.

To make examples wokring with Vserver you need change
gClient flag to be true.

Again, keep in mind, that practically EACH example can work in 2 modes:
    local and client/server.