SQL question

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 15:45:01 CDT 2005

I hope you all don't mind me asking a basic SQL question, not
necessarily directly related to Valentina.

I have two tables linked in a many-to-many relationship via a third
intersect table.  I'm trying to figure out how to retrieve the data I
need from the two tables.  After creating the structure and running a
query in MS Access, the SQL is something like:

SELECT Roles.RoleDesc, Tasks.TaskDesc FROM (Roles INNER JOIN
TaskRoles ON Roles.RecID = TaskRoles.RolePtr) INNER JOIN Tasks ON
TaskRoles.TaskPtr = Tasks.RecID

But this gives me a "602:  Table Not Fount" error in Valentina.  I'm
sure it has something to do with the JOIN syntax, but I'm not really
sure how to change that to make it work for Valentina.  I'm hoping
it's not going to require two separate queries.  Can someone help?
I'm not very good with joins.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Sheffield