[FAQ] [V4Rb 2] VLink.FindLinked question

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jul 20 21:03:23 CDT 2005

On 7/20/05 9:00 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 7/20/05 8:55 PM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Charles,
>
>> My next question -- the documentation lists two versions of
>> VLink.FindLinked; one returns a VArraySet, and one returns a VBitSet.
>
>> Since REALbasic doesn't usually permit two functions having the same
>> signature to have different return types, I'm confused.
>
> Ops.
>
> I think this is mistake.
> I see the same in our sources..
>
> One of them must be as
>
>     FindLinkedAsArraySet()
>
> I will correct right now sources at least.

In contrast to Vfields, here better on default have ArraSet.

So I have correct it as

 FindLinked( inRecID as Integer, inTableA as VTable, inTableB as VTable,
                inRecursionDirection as Integer = 0 ) as VArraySet

 FindLinkedAsBitSet( inSet as VSet, inTableA as VTable, inTableB as VTable,
                 inRecursionDirection as Integer = 0 ) as VBitSet