REGEX \ search

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Jul 20 17:09:04 CDT 2005

>> You user in your Application must enter string to do REGEX search.,
>> User know that he is doing REGEX search, right ?
>
> No, my users think they are doing a "character" search.

But if YOUR users do not use power of REGEX then you may prefer to use LIKE
Although LIKE also require 4 slashes.

> 95% of them haven't the faintest idea of what SQL is.

No need.

But much more people know what is REGEX and how to use it.

BTW, CodeWarrior in the search dialog have option

            [x] do search as regex

So I can self choose when use it.

> They are NOT computer people.

> My application (a general consumer application) takes care of
> the details for them...

Then its your headache. :-)