[V4RB] accents mac->win

Bill Mounce BillMounce at Comcast.net
Tue Jul 19 09:30:33 CDT 2005

Ruslan,

This is the problem I have been having for literally years. The
problem is that Windows fonts don't use ASCII position 127-256 as the
Mac does, which is where your specific characters reside. The squares
mean that there is no character in the Windows font and the box is by
default. I have never been able to make Valentina 1.1 leave these
"high ascii" positions alone, and now OSX also will try to change
them to something else based on encoding.

Bill