empty db size

Andrew Sinning andrew at learningware.com
Thu Jul 14 15:01:32 CDT 2005

Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> But what you going to do ?
>
>    Distribute empty db ?
>    or fill it by data?   Then what will be size of full db ?

The end user will be creating the new dbs, so shipping with an empty db
is not the issue.

The issue is this:  The end user creates a new "library" and adds 10
questions.  Then they call our tech support and complain, "I only have
10 questions in my library, but the file is 7Mb.  It's too big to
email!"  So, she (our tech support) reminds them to zip the file, and
then she calls me and says, "Andrew, people are complaining that their
new libraries are 7Mb, is there anything you can do about this?!"