COMPRESSED TEXT

Andrew Sinning andrew at learningware.com
Thu Jul 14 13:24:17 CDT 2005

In the Kernel manual, for V1, you write:

"If a BLOB field has index (for example TEXT field) then index is not
compressed and still
can be successfuly work.
In fact the main advantege to have compression of BLOB field on the
database kernel level
is ability to have an INDEXED compressed TEXT field. Really, for not
indexed general
BLOB developer can implement own compression and store to BLOB already
compressed
data. But this way will not work with TEXT, because Valentina will not
be able to built
index. When Valentina do compression self it can build index with no
problems."

Doesn't say anything about TEXT COMPRESSED.

Will the following work, or should I be using a BLOB?  Can I access the
BLOB the same way, i.e. as just text.

I DO NOT need to index or search the text.

CREATE TABLE questions (
    <SNIP>
     listString TEXT(128) NOT NULL COMPRESSED
)