VRB date in datacontrol

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jul 5 10:26:50 CDT 2005

On 7/5/05 10:18 AM, "Damon Pillinger" <daisychain at iinet.net.au> wrote:

Hi Damon,

> If you make a datacontrol and have an editfield bound to a field of type
> "date" and then add a record the date returned is always
>
> 0-00-00
>
> instead of
>
> editfield4.text="2005-06-20"
>
> There is no way to set the YMD format or the separator that I can see
> for a RB datacontrol, is it a bug or am I not doing it right.

Already exists way (in latest fc10-13)

    SET datetime PROPERTY OF DATABASE TO 'kYMD'

This is analog of API:  db.DateTimeForamt

> When I do the same thing using RB database it returns the correct date.
> Also when I change to field type "datetime" it returns 0-00-00 00:00:00
>
> I use the datacontrol because my app already has this in it and it is
> too difficult to remove.

DataControl -- standard control of RB ?

Damon -- it is ugly. You should remove it I think.
    its main problem -- button PREV.
    when you press PREV they do not cursor.Prev(), but
    cursor.FirstRecord() and MANY time cursor.NextRecord()
    If you have big selection this is very bad.

And it is EASY remove it!

Look on our example Example1x/SingleTable
It have THE SAME functionality. All needed buttons and even more.

Even more: in RB2005 you can create ONCE view - subwindow that have this.
    I think it will take 30 minutes.
    and use it instead of their control.