[V4RB] - CONCAT in WHERE-clause

Erik Scholtz anomar at elitecoderz.net
Sun Jul 3 12:38:08 CDT 2005

> I recommend you to use Table Method for this task
>     because main advantage -- you can build index for it.
>
> So make new method field in table with formula, and mark it indexed.
>
> Then do search as
>
>     where fldMEthod = '03022256489'

Hi Ruslan,

thanks for your advise - but I still have a problem: The method doesn't
work, since the following select-statement also does not work:

SELECT SUBSTR(phone,1,LOCATE('/',phone)-1) FROM usersdata

I tried this query in the VStudio, but it returns an result-page with
empty rows for each row in the table. It seems, that Valentina can not
execute the LOCATE-statement; I get a nice result, when replacing this
statement with an integer-value (which just doesn't work for me). Or did
I understand something wrong again?

Thanks a lot,
Erik