how to convert a existing database

jda jda at his.com
Sat Jul 2 08:11:28 CDT 2005

>As far as I see, if give to valentina.escapestring() the above command, then
>we will get back:
>
>     VALUE( \'ALI+++X7+164\'\',
>
>But we must get
>
>     VALUE( 'ALI+++X7+164\'',
>
>You see?

No, Ruslan, there is a bug here. I reported it as #812 (still open).

REGEX search for '\' does not work!

You are right about escapeString returning '\\'. And that search
FAILS. But if you remove the second backslash, you get an exception.
Here two searches for 'test\':

select id,hit from thereferences where (allFields REGEX '(?i)test\\')
order by id -> no hits

select id,hit from thereferences where (allFields REGEX '(?i)test\')
order by id -> exception

      line 1:1: unexpected end of file

FWIW, searching for '/' does work! (and after escaping it is returned
as a single /).

Can't Serge fix this?

Jon