case-insensitive searches

Charles Yeomans yeomans at desuetude.com
Fri Jul 1 12:09:09 CDT 2005

On Jun 29, 2005, at 3:36 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 6/29/05 1:52 AM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Charles,
>
>> I've got a text field that is indexed by words.  In V4Rb 1, to do a
>> case-insensitive search I needed to define a method field and search
>> it.  Is this still the case in V4Rb 2, or can I now do something like
>>
>> SELECT textField from ATable WHERE Lower(textField)="foo" ?
>
> This should work in 2.0.

It turns out that it doesn't work.  Here, textField is a VarChar field
that is indexed by words.  I tried making queries with VStudio as well.
  Other SQL string functions work; for instance,

SELECT textField from ATable WHERE Left(textField, 3)='foo'

works.  But other functions do not --

SELECT textField from ATable WHERE Reverse(textField)='oof'