importFileInto method + mac projector on a pc

Simon Neaves mail at simonneaves.com
Wed Jan 12 20:43:22 CST 2005

Hello,

My email server has been down and I have not recieve any mail today. I anynody has posted a response to either of these emails, please could you forward it to me.

Thank You.

  Hi

  I have a problem with the director importFileInto lingo method.

  I am using lingo to import an image file into a cast member. The image is located in a folder called 'images' which is in the same directory as the director movie. I am using the following code:
  importFileInto member "castMember", "images/picture.jpg"

  This works fine on windows, but when I try it on the mac, it fails to load the image into the castMember. This method works on the mac if I locate the image in the ROOT directory and use
  importFileInto member "castMember", "picture.jpg"

  but it doesn't work when the image is in sub-directory.

  Should the path look different on a mac?

  I have tried images\picture.jpg and images.picture.jpg.

  Any help greatly appreciated.

  Simon.

  Hello everyone,

  Just to let you know that I met with my client and successfully created the
  windows projector on his mac by dropping the V4MD.x32 xtra into the >
  Application:Macromedia Director MX 2004:Configuration:Cross Platform
  Resources:Windows:Xtras forlder.

  Thanks for all your help particularly ruslan, hans and sean.

  I also had a go at creating the mac projector from windoes using the method
  outlined here by Hans:

  Make a Mac-projector on a PC. Director will tell you that it can't find the
  V4MD_carbon.x32, continue with generating the projector.

  Then you will get a file called ???.???.hqx.