[V4MD_1.1] strange error - Valentia only return strings ??

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Tue Jan 11 15:59:47 CST 2005

Dear all,

I don't know if this list is the right place but it is related to Valentina.

**As of today** the most ridiculous error occured.

I work on my ongoing Director project with Valentina V4MD 1.1 for Mac. Fine.

Now I have the following problem.

res = GetRecordsAsPropList(gCursor)

OK but res is only the STRING containing the PropList
e.g. res = "[[1,2][3,4]]"
not the PropList itself.

With the debug-mode I can't see any information about the structure by clicking at the triangle.

And now the farce:

If I copy the same piece of code into another routine and I call this routine it works fine, i.e.
res is a PropList!!!

I'M AT ONE'S WITS' END !!!!

Could it be that the new version of V4MD 2.0 beta interacts with the old one?

Is there anybody who had a similar error before?

Many thanks in advance

Hans