Nil Cursor

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Tue Jan 11 08:35:13 CST 2005

Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> > GlobalPrefs.theArchive.theCursor =
> > GlobalPrefs.theArchive.theDatabase.SqlSelect("select * from message
> > where mainsubject = 'lsdkfjlsdk'" , kV_Server, kV_ReadWrite, kV_Random)
>
> Why you say that this is empty cursor?
>
> You select some records as I see.

This creates an empty cursor, to which I add records. A mail subject is
never equal to the random text. Is there another way to create an empty
cursor?

> > - For a few users this fails for an empty database, the cursor remains
> > nil and no records are written to the database at all. I do this during
> > development dozens of times a day. Why doesn't this work for all users?
>
> You mean that SqlSelect() returns sometimes NIL ?

Yes, only for a small number of users. About 1% of all users have this
problem. For the rest it works.

> Any error code on this ?

Will check this evening.

Regards

Trixi Willius

--
+++ Sparen Sie mit GMX DSL +++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
AKTION für Wechsler: DSL-Tarife ab 3,99 EUR/Monat + Startguthaben