Nil Cursor

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Mon Jan 10 18:37:46 CST 2005

Hello,

I have a very puzzling problem with a cursor, which is very stubbornly
nil. The situation is the following:

- I use Valentina to import mails into a database.
- For each imported mailbox I need an empty cursor with the following
line
GlobalPrefs.theArchive.theCursor =
GlobalPrefs.theArchive.theDatabase.SqlSelect("select * from message
where mainsubject = 'lsdkfjlsdk'" , kV_Server, kV_ReadWrite, kV_Random)
- For a few users this fails for an empty database, the cursor remains
nil and no records are written to the database at all. I do this during
development dozens of times a day. Why doesn't this work for all users?

Am I stupid or am I doing something wrong?

System: RB 5.5.4, V4RB 1.11, Mac OS 10.3 various

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.