older database with a65 server

Chris Sheffield cm_sheffield at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 10:43:07 CST 2005

Ruslan,

I hope you're watching the list.  I've got a problem
that I'm pretty sure is related to the VXCMD client,
and it needs to be fixed ASAP.  My program is running
a simple UPDATE query:  "UPDATE Students SET
LoggedIn=0 WHERE LoggedIn=1".  Do you see a problem
with this query?  I don't, but it's not working.  If
it only has to update one record, it does work.  If it
has to update multiple records, it appears to run
correctly (the SQLExecute function even returns the
number of rows selected), but the data in the database
does *not* get changed.

I have run the query through ViSQL and it works
perfectly.  It seems to be some weird problem between
the client VXCMD and VServer.  I have had other
similar problems in the past, but in those cases I was
able to perform the updates by creating a cursor first
and then performing the necessary tasks.  But that is
not working in this case for some reason.

Can you *please* take a look at this as soon as
possible?  I'm way past my deadline on this and I
don't think there's a problem in my code.

Thank you,
Chris Sheffield