older database with a65 server

Chris Sheffield cm_sheffield at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 12:43:42 CST 2005

I'm not really quite sure how to explain this problem,
but I'll do my best.

I've run into a fairly big problem.  My company
recently released an update to our software, which
included the a65 version of VServer.  Our initial
release was back in Sept '04 and used version a63 of
VServer.  We thoroughly tested the new update and
everything was working fine when we released it a
couple weeks ago.

But the last couple days we've had customers start
calling in who have installed the update (OS X
version) and are now experiencing problems with their
databases.  So my first questions is this:  is there
anything that might cause a conflict with the older
database and VServer a65?  I have had customers send
me their database files, and sure enough, there are
certain UPDATE queries my program runs that do not
actually update the records of the database.  I have
checked this queries and the SQLExecute function
indicates that rows were indeed affected, but not
change actually occurs in the data.  Another weird
thing is that if I revert back to VServer a63, the
same queries work fine on the same database files.
It's very bizarre.  So I'm wondering if something
changed with a65 that made it so older databases will
not work with it.  If this is the case, is there
anything that can be done so my customers won't have
to lose all their data?  Has anyone had similar
problems?

I can provide database files, SQL code, and further
details if necessary.

Thanks,

=====
Chris Sheffield