Unlisted Error

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Sat Feb 26 03:38:13 CST 2005

Hi Again,

That's odd. The SQLSelect call was set to be ReadWrite.

Here's the syntax that was being used, unsuccessfully.....

   sqlCntlSrch = ""
   cntlCursor = nil

   sqlCntlSrch = "SELECT RecID FROM ControllerList WHERE cntl_name = '"
+ cntlName + "'" // cntlName is a string parameter passed to the method

   cntlCursor = dDatabase.SQLSelect(sqlCntlSrch, kV_Server,
kV_ReadWrite, kV_Random)

As I said, only the record with one word in it would be found. The
other records that had more than one word in the field would not be
found; a nil cursor.

But four days ago, it had been working just fine. And I had made no
changes to the base object or methods in between. I had moved on and
begun work on other aspects of the application. This included adding
two new base objects and beginning to work on the methods to use them.
I discovered the problem when I created a new database with the new
base objects in it and was going back and building up the data in the
system to where it would all work together. [Note: Now I am debugging a
problem with one of the new base objects. You may have noticed the
crash report I passed to Jochen. Not sure if that issue has any bearing
on this one.]

Changing the code to read....

cntlCursor = dDatabase.SQLSelect(sqlCntlSrch, kV_Server, kV_NoLocks,
kV_Random)

...got it to working properly.

This may or may not be significant. You might keep it tucked away for
future reference.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Chuck