Updating all records again

Roger Amar Roger at logram.com
Thu Feb 24 17:44:42 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan,

The version of VXCMD I am using is 1.11 for both Mac and Windows (this value is returned by the "Version" command )
Here are my handlers :

on UpdateAllRecords fldName, fldValue
   CheckdbRef
   CheckCursor

   put Valentina ("Cursor_SetField",cursorRef,fldName,fldValue) into temp
   CheckError "UpdateAllRecord", "Cursor_SetField", temp

   put Valentina ("Cursor_GetField",cursorRef,fldName) into tempValue --> just for checking here tempValue = fldValue
   CheckError "UpdateAllRecord", "Cursor_SetField", tempValue

   put Valentina ("Cursor_UpdateAllRecords",cursorRef) into temp
   CheckError "UpdateAllRecords", "Cursor_UpdateAllRecords", temp

   put Valentina ("DataBase_Flush",dbRef) into temp
   CheckError "UpdateAllRecords", "DataBase_Flush", temp
end UpdateAllRecords

on UpdateAllRecords fldName, fldValue, numVolume
   CheckdbRef
   CheckCursor

   RemoveCursor --> because of error 363 (not documented in the Valentina Database Kernel.pdf)

   put "update boTitres set" && fldName && "=" && fldValue && "where numeroVolume =" && numVolume into theSQL
   put theSQL --> to check if it is correct

   put Valentina ("Database_SQLExecute", dbRef, theSQL) into temp --> here temp = number of records
   CheckError "UpdateAllRecords", "DataBase_SQLExecute", temp

   put Valentina ("DataBase_Flush",dbRef) into temp
   CheckError "UpdateAllRecords", "DataBase_Flush", temp
end UpdateAllRecords

I hope this will help you.

Best regards,

Roger;