How to sort a cursor ?

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Tue Feb 22 15:33:45 CST 2005

>Hello Robert,
>
>Thank you.
>I know how to sort fields with Revolution.

I just wanted tto make sure you know of the extra sort options. I
have no idea how advanced you are with Rev.

>However, when fields are sorted, the cursor is not, and you can't
>use navigation arrows to move into.

But if you use SelectRecords, you have no cursor to be concerned
about. If user selects a line, you just fetch that records to display
it. Valentina is so fast that there is no real advantage (in most
circumstances) to keep the cursor and keep traversing it. It is as
effective to keep refetching the data.

>At this time, the main problem which is remaining is the fact that I
>cannot import anything on the pc.
>Did you try to do it ?

Sorry, not yet. A little crisis with a client has to be finished
first. Hopefully today. Did you get my direct email (the resend) or
are we doomed to talk through the list?

Robert