BindField in V4MD

Florian Bogeschdorfer fb at memedia.de
Tue Feb 22 11:48:01 CST 2005

Hi everybody,

I am trying out bindField and it does not work out.

My code:

(VALcursors["CAMPAIGNcursor"]).bindField("CAMPAIGN_NAME",member("DIS-CAMPAIG
N-NAME"))

I get a bindfield.done from Valentina.

Now if I step through the cursor, shouldn't the field always display the
CAMPAIGN_NAME from the current record?

And if I change the member text, shouldn't these changes be saved to the DB
immediately?

Well, I don't get any field content to even display. What am I missing?

Even if I update the record conventionally (updateRecord()), the field is
not changed although Valentina gives no error and although it works with the
other record fields that are not bound.

Any advice?

Best regards, Florian