How to sort a cursor ?

Roger Amar Roger at logram.com
Mon Feb 21 22:06:31 CST 2005

I am using one main cursor for each table. When I want to use it, I just put its ref into CursorRef.
Let us say one of the cursors ref is "cursor1Ref".
My column headings are made of buttons used to sort the columns.
I must create a cursor with every sort to have the navigation arrows working properly.

To do that, I must :
(cursor1Ref is put into cursorRef)

1 - ask for the sql string of cursor1Ref
2 - change the "order by" in the sql
3 - remove the cursor - because Valentina does not let me create a cursor with the same query even with a different name.
4 - create a new cursor
5 - save its value into cursor1Ref
6 - put it into CursorRef.

Maybe I am doing things in a complicated manner ?
Please let me know.
Roger;