UpdateRecords Not Updating

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Wed Feb 16 05:44:51 CST 2005

Okay....

...next question.

Using V4RB.

Under what circumstances will the UpdateRecords() call fail to update a
record.

I'm doing the following...

rslt = myDatabase.mTable.GoToRecID(recID)

if rslt then

   myDatabase.mTable.SetBlank()
   myDatabase.mTable.field1.SetString(theString)
   myDatabase.mTable.field2.Value = theValue

   myDatabase.mTable.UpdateRecord()

   myDatabase.mTable.Flush()

end if

All this is being done in an method in the table, mTable. I've even
tried self instead of myDatabase.mTable, but to no avail. The data is
not being changed when I go back to look. Observing the data in the
record using the properties views, during the running of the code in
debug, it looks like everything should be going properly. The changed
data in the record looks like it is properly changed. But, if I go back
into the window and go back to the record, the data is not changed. Nor
is it changed looking at it from inside VStudio.

Regards,

Chuck