AW: AW: RecID from Cursor

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Tue Feb 15 13:35:00 CST 2005

Maybe not, Florian,

This is more like SQL than RB. The question is that with your suggested
syntax for the SQL query, SELECT *, RecID.....

...the star means all fields. Right? Putting a comma and "RecID" after
the star, seems to me to indicate All Fields + RecID. The placement
would be all the fields in the table followed by the RecID field.

According to Ruslan's comment about going after the field number where
the RecID is found, (1) in his first example and (3) in his second, it
seems logical to me that if the RecID is being tacked onto the end of
all the other fields, that the value of n could be determined by a call
of curs.FieldCount. Then use n in the call of...

recID = curs.ULongField(n).Value()

Regards,

Chuck