RecID from Cursor

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Tue Feb 15 12:37:31 CST 2005

On Feb 15, 2005, at 12:30 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 2/15/05 9:25 PM, "Chuck Pelto" <cbpelto at pcisys.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Chuck,
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Not sure if this will get through on the listserv. It's been bounced
>> as
>> undeliverable once already. Therefore, I'm sending it to Ruslan as
>> well.
>>
>> The question is...
>>
>> How does one get a record ID using a cursor? What is the exact syntax?
>
> I think this is a FAQ.
>
>   curs = db.SqlSelect( SELECT RecID, ... FROM T )
>
>    curs.ULongField( 1 ).value

It might be. But it certainly isn't (1) blatantly obvious to the casual
observer [or SQL neophyte] and (2) in the V4RB Reference Manual.

Might want to add a call that it's a bit more easily recognized, e.g.,
curs.Field("rec_id").Value and put it in the reference manual under
Class VCursor. Or curs.GetRecID(), as in the Class VBaseObject.

Thanks,

Chuck