V4RB 1.11 - serious bug in index by words

erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Sun Feb 13 16:21:43 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan,

On 13 feb 2005, at 09:11, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 2/13/05 12:07 AM, "erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:
>
>> Hello Ruslan,
>>
>> I've found that when a field is Indexed By Words the high ASCII
>> characters are not found
>>
>> e.g.
>> FieldIndexedByWords.SetString 'ni=96o'
>> c =3D db.SQLSelect('Select * from Table Where FieldIndexedByWords =3D
>> 'ni=96o')
>> // returns no finds, this is true for every accented character!!
>>
>> this is also with 1.10 and a big showstopper to me
>> can you please take a look at it?
>
> Hi Erne,
>
> You sure that field have correct language parameter?

well... I double checked and found it a bit more complex

I now can consistently reproduce the bug now
only in Text method fields (the one I use for all around search)
and only for certain high ascii chars (like =C3, =BC and many others)

in fact I have not consistent results with String method fields...
they seem to be found sometimes and not found some other times

language setting seem to not affect...
I got a sample project & db... can I send it to you?

it's quite  important for me since it breaks lots of searchs in my app

Cool Runnings,
Erne.