Can't select all records

Roger Amar Roger at logram.com
Fri Feb 4 10:20:11 CST 2005

Hello,

My database contains 54 000 records with 1 table of 15 fields.

When I want to select all records, the query seems to freeze the Mac
(Revolution/MacOS 9)

-------------------
Example :
(The vCacheSize is set to 100*1024*1024.)

put 1 into startRecord
put someNumber into maxRecords

put "select * from boName order by boName" into the Sql
put Valentina (DataBase_SQLSelectRecords", dbRef, theSql, startRecord,
maxRecords) into resultRecords

If someNumber = 10000, it takes about 10 seconds to return the result
If someNumber = 54000 it freezes (or it takes a very very long time)

Is there a better way to get large results without freezing ?

Thanks to all of you.

Roger;