line Return

Gavin Ogston gavin at hyperactive.ca
Tue Feb 1 14:15:41 CST 2005

A hopefully simple question for director. I am importing text into a db from a tab deliminated file where an @ sign indicates a new record.  One of the fields I am importing is a text field that I would like to have line returns in.  My problem is that I am not sure of how to indicate the new line (syntax) so that it will appear in a field in my app.  Oh yeah this is windows ( I know they are different on mac).

In mysql you would put \r\n I think.

ex.   Have a nice day \r\n said the man. (what would this look like for director)