Won't Run Second Time

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Fri Dec 30 09:19:18 CST 2005

Morning Charles,

On Dec 29, 2005, at 3:51 PM, Charles Yeomans wrote:

> I wonder if the problem isn't your use of dbDatabase.CreateStructure
> ().  For subclasses of VDatabase, you build the database structure
> in the constructor.  It looks like you call
> dbDatabase.CreateStructure() after creating the database, but not
> when the database is opened next time. Try eliminating the
> CreateStructure call from the App.Open code, and instead move it
> into cDatabase.Constructor.

Do we have to use a constructor during an Open call to an already
existing database? I was understood that an existing and valid
database structure would be recognized on .Open().

The dbDatabase.CreateStructure() is the Constructor() call in this
app. I did that based on the Lesson1 example (see Window1 Methods).
Moving that call to the Constructor will never have the Constructor
called.

I could be mistaken in my understanding of the Constructor(), but as
I said, it was based on Lesson1. [Note: Another example of what Ed
and I have been talking about regarding a need for better
documentation.]

Regards,

Chuck