Ways => Styles // Won't Run Second Time

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Dec 29 23:46:03 CST 2005

On 12/29/05 10:35 PM, "Ed Kleban" <Ed at Kleban.com> wrote:

Hi Chuck,
Hi Ed,

I have decide interrupt complex debugging and jump into this thread.
Sorry for delay.

>> We need BETTER and more thoroughly described examples. I've asked
>> this on numerous occasions, but I get the distinct impression my
>> requests to improve this system are falling on deaf ears.

Chuck, one point.

We was last 3 months in stage development of Windows products for Valentina
2, we have implement  60 * 3 = 180 examples total for VCOM, VNET and c++,
For c++ we was need even make Visual and xcode projects
Very hard work. Believe me.

Let's hope that now, when we have establish practically complete set of API
for Valentina 2 (move to WIDE), we will start again develop Valentina into
DEEP.

And I like that new products bring us new developers with new projects.
Yesterday Kim (from beta list) was able surprise us with Ivan. We second day
debug his project. :-)  It seems I have almost resolve bug. This is VCOM
developer.

And Chuck, since you like API Style, note that Ed is your best friend.
He also use API style for cool things. Ed is in V4RB, Chuck is on V4MD,
right?

>> Regards,
>>
>> Chuck
>
> LOL.  I constantly give Ruslan and his crew all manner of grief on the
> quality and content of their documentation.  Interestingly however this is
> one case where I disagree with your concern and in fact think they do a
> rather excellent job of documenting the different "ways".  My question above
> regarding the use of the term "way" was a bit tongue in cheek and
> rhetorical.  As a concept I really like the various "way"s documented for
> creating and accessing a V2 database.  As a term, well usage of the term
> "way" brings up all manner of grammatical problems and ambiguities as you've
> just demonstrated.  A better choice of term might have been "style" rather
> than way.

Great idea!!!!  Ed!

Hmm, I think we will START TO USE this term *STYLE* from this point.

And then it needs correct all examples and docs to reflect this change.
Ak. But this is worth to do this.

> Whereas the documentation is fairly clear in terms of documenting the
> differences among the different styles if you can get past the problems with
> using the term "way", the Examples are simply excellent and indeed are
> nicely sorted into separate folders by coding style.
>
> So my little jab at the way-meister is really a suggestion I guess that in
> V3 or V4 it might be better to overhaul all of the documentation to use a
> more intuitive and less problematic term such as "style" instead of "way".

We will not wait for v3 !