Problem installing Valentina Server

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Dec 22 09:46:15 CST 2005

On 12/22/05 12:28 AM, "Michael Krugman" <amacdr at mac.com> wrote:

Hi Michael,

> Rusian:
>
> What did you end up doing to solve it?  I only get the problem under /
> Library/Startupitems.  I checked and double and triple checked to
> make sure the permissions in the installed files were exactly the
> same as what they should be.  In fact, if the permissions are exactly
> the same, I don't get any error at all, but the system still hangs
> when shutting down right after the install.

Aha, so as I understand problem with dialog "fix permissions" after RESTART
after server install have go away, right ?

And you have now problem with system hang.

Problem is that you need script as:

    YOU MUST HAVE handlers StartService(), ...

#!/bin/sh

##
# Start Valentina Server
##

. /etc/rc.common

StartService ()
{
    ConsoleMessage "Starting Valentina Server"
    /Library/VServer_Office/VServer_Office.app/Contents/MacOS/VServer_Office
}

StopService ()
{
    ConsoleMessage "Stopping Valentina Server"
}

RestartService ()
{
    ConsoleMessage "Restarting Valentina Server"
}

RunService "$1"