AddRecord non-unique

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Tue Dec 20 13:56:51 CST 2005

On 12/20/05 12:19 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 12/20/05 8:11 PM, "Ed Kleban" <Ed at Kleban.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks,  Please document this.
>
> Ed, exception is documents.

I'm sorry Ruslan, but if the fact that calling AddRecord will raise an
exception if you add record for a non-unique field that is designated as
"fUnique" is documented, then I'm unable to find it.

I can't find it in Kernel.pdf or V4RB Reference .pdf

I can't find it searching for:

    AddRecord
    unique
    funique
    exception

If there is some other way I should be looking for it, please let me know.

Also, please note:  I have not stated, but will do so now, that when I say
"Please document X" I mean something very specific when we're talking about
a method. I mean:

    Please document X in the page dedicated to a description of the method
    in the V4RB reference manual.

I don't mean document it in a separate section about exceptions.
I don't mean document it in a separate section about fUnique and other
flags.

Those would both be nice too as extra clues of course and would add to the
clarity and comprehensivness of the documentation.

But I specifically mean document it where it BELONGS, so that the user can
simply turn to the definition of AddRecord and read the full contract, with
all the gory details, all the side-effects, all the special cases, care, and
handling require to use that call.

Failing in finding it there of course, I usually always spend the extra
effort to look everywhere else.  Occassionally that pays off.  Occasionally
It is documented somewhere else and I miss it.  Maybe I missed it this time
too.  Just let me know where please if you find it.

Thanks!
--Ed