RB bug encountered with possible V4RB connection.

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Mon Dec 19 21:30:18 CST 2005

I just reported this bug as a beta error, but the problem also occurs for RB
2004 r4.  I mention it here because the specific line in question is a
Valentina call.  I've not seen this problem before elsewhere in my code:

http://realsoftware.com/feedback/viewreport.php?reportid=oeyhoauj
and confusion

Use of underscores at the ends of consecutive lines results in a variety of
error conditions. The most common of these is the display of: "Internal
error. An unhandled OutOfBoundsException exception has occurred. Please
report to REAL software ... and restart the IDE as soon as you can." This
occurs when single stepping into this statement from the debugger. Execution
without breakpoints results in the app getting a NilObjectException.
Quitting the compiled app with force-quit seems to make everything happy.

This error occurs in 2006 r1b1 as well as 2005 r4

The following line compiles and executes fine:

ptdInfoDb = self.allocateDatabase( "RI_InfoBase.vdb", EVStorageType.kRam,
EVdbMode.kDscDatBlbInd )

However the following variation causes these problems:

ptdInfoDb = self.allocateDatabase( _
    "RI_InfoBase.vdb", _
    EVStorageType.kRam, _
    EVdbMode.kDscDatBlbInd _
    )

Apparently even inclusion of a single line with "_" will cause this problem.
The following also fails in RB 2005 r4: