Russian encoded text

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Dec 15 14:23:38 CST 2005

Hello,

I have some text that is stored in a MySQL database that is encoded
as Cyrillic-Win.  I am exporting the database to Valentina 1.x for
distribution with a Revolution application.  I am doing the export
from MySQL to Valentina on a mac.  I fetch the records from MySQL,
translate the strings from Cyrillic-Win to Cyrillic-Mac and insert
them into a Valentina database.  The language of the fields in the
Valentina database are set to Russian.

When I view the text retrieved from the Valentina database on Mac OS
X everything looks fine.  When I view the text from Valentina on
Windows I get gibberish.  For example, character 130 in the Cyrillic
Mac table is showing up as character 199 on Windows.

I guess my question is what kind of conversion is Valentina doing in
the background with Russian text?

Thanks,

--
Trevor DeVore