Order of returned VArraySet rids when using FindLinked with a VArraySet arg.

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Thu Dec 15 09:06:52 CST 2005

On 12/15/05 3:10 AM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 12/15/05 2:07 AM, "Ed Kleban" <Ed at Kleban.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ed,
>
>> If I call:
>>
>> FindLinked(
>>  inSet as VSet,
>>  inTableA as VTable,
>>  inTableB as VTable,
>>  inRecursionDirection as EVRecursionDirection = kFromParentToChild )
>>  as VArraySet
>>

>> Then what is the order of the InTableB rids within the returned VArraySet?
>>
>> I am hoping it is the same as the order of the matching inTableA rids within
>> inSet So that I can first Sort the elements of inSet and then use that to
>> control the order of the rid values I get back from within the returned
>> VArraySet.
>
> Yes

Uh, no.  Because as we concluded in later emails after this one was sent,
there is no such method yet that takes an (inSet as Vset) argument and
return a VArraySet argument.

>     a1                  b2
>                         b5
>                         b7
>
>     a2                  b3
>                         b8
>
>     a3                  b4
>                         b6

I have no clue what these a & b rids are intended to show or mean here.

But not important.  Let's work on the spec for FindLinkedAsArraySet as
you've started in another email.