Building VBinaryLink subclass in RB

Ed Kleban Ed at Kleban.com
Wed Dec 14 13:11:47 CST 2005

On 12/12/05 3:46 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 12/12/05 11:09 PM, "Ed Kleban" <Ed at Kleban.com> wrote:
>
>> Ah, I finally figured it out.   Table is an array, not a property.
>
> Correctly to say:
>
>     it is INDEXED property.
>

> Visual BASIC support this as built-in feature.
> I mean indexed properties.
>
> REALbasic also provide good syntax for this

Yes quite right.  Unfortunately no matter what you want to call it, the
complier wants nothing to do with it.  Given the following constructor
method:

Sub CBLnkItmParentOf(itemsTable as CTblItems, linkName as String)

  const here = "CBLnkItmParentOf"

  self.name = linkName
  Table(0) = itemsTable
  Table(1) = itemsTable

  blipoTblItems = itemsTable
End Sub

The compiler complains regarding "Table" that "This method or property does
not exist."  So I guess if I wanted to do this I'd have to cache another
copy of the itemsTable... which is fine.   However you've convinced me I
can't use a BinaryLink here so the code will go away.  But I'm sure I'll
want to use the trick again sometime later.