UTF sorting and blank fields, and UTF-8

Dave Addey listmail1 at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Dec 12 18:30:20 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan,

Thanks for the quick reply!

> Right now no. But you can add feature request into our Mantis.
> I believe we can easy implement this as property:
>
>     Valentina.NullsAreFirst as Boolean = true

I've just registered for the bug tracker, and will add a request.  Thanks.

> You just give V4RB UTF8 strings and get them back.
>
> Internally Valentina will convert them into UTF16.
> You cannot change this. Conversions task just 1%

Do I have to set the database StorageEncoding to "UTF-8" to get them back as
UTF-8?  Or will they come back as UTF-8 if I set them as UTF-8?  Either is
fine - I'll go with whichever is quicker :-)  I'm happy to get them back as
UTF-16 if it avoids the conversion, even if it is a quick conversion.

Dave.