Death to recursion! Re: Child vs parent records

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Dec 11 17:36:19 CST 2005

On 12/11/05 5:19 PM, "Ed Kleban" <Ed at Kleban.com> wrote:

> Why should I not be able to implement a "ChildOf" relationship if I so
> choose instead of a "ParentOf" relation ship?

Because usually when people draw hierarchy of objects they put on top the
parents.

I have now wish to draw several pictures which explain this more clean.

Ed, you CAN make "ChildOf" relation.

        tableA isChildOf tableB

No problems. But now rotate it in mind

                TableA

              isChildOf

                TableB

Our parameter kFromParentToChild, will move you DOWN by hierarchy.
So from top table to down table

I start to more like names: kDown, kUp  (or other correct english terms)