Integrating three tables

jda jda at his.com
Sat Dec 10 09:56:26 CST 2005

>  > I didn't find .Exists, but I did find .RecordExists.
>
>Aha, I have mean   Vfield.ValueExists() method.

Hi Ruslan,

Thanks again, this works well.

Next issue:

I need the RecID to create the links. But when I import a new record
via a cursor (addRecord), the recID is not updated. In other words

      myDatabase.LastInsertedRecID

returns NOT the new recID, but the one before it.

I could just use

      myDatabase.LastInsertedRecID

except this applies to the database, not the table I'm adding to. If
the last inserted RecID is for another table, this value will be
wrong. What I think I need is

      myDatabase.myTable.LastInsertedRecID

but that isn't available.

How to unambiguously get the id of the next record to be added?

Jon