Sets from Cursors Re: VCursor.AddRecord

Sims, John ayu8 at cdc.gov
Fri Dec 2 11:31:53 CST 2005

Hi Ed,

I certainly can't answer for Ruslan, but one thing that occurred to me
immediately is the fact that VArraySets and VBitSets only hold the
RecID's of the records and, of course, the Vcursor may hold many
different fields.  I'm not sure what the use of converting the Vcursor
to a Vset would be unless you just wanted to get the RecID's of the
records in the Vcursor to iterate through them outside of the
Vcursor...which would allow you to make modifications to fields not in
the Vcursor, meaning you wouldn't have to request that data in the first
place, which lowers the amount of data moving back-and-forth/network
traffic ... Ok, I've kind of talked myself into liking this suggestion
:-)

Ruslan?

-John