REINDEX

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Aug 30 11:03:25 CDT 2005

On 8/30/05 10:56 AM, "Florian Bogeschdorfer" <fb at memedia.de> wrote:

>> Florian,
>>
>> In fact above way is better, because it put more work on kernel
>
> If you say so :-) But does it matter when you work with a local DB?

Yes.

The main advantage of usage of ON DELETE feature, is that you have 100%
guarantee that your db has referential integrity.

If you do this manually, then you can forget to delete child records,
And then ops.

> I think Andrew should try it, because it is worth a try. Reindexing the
> database all the time will definitely be slower.

I think result will be the same.

No big difference if delete for child records will be called from your
cursor, or from kernel's.

Some problem in the data itself it seems.