REINDEX

Andrew Sinning andrew at learningware.com
Mon Aug 29 15:25:55 CDT 2005

I wonder if my problem is related to deletion control.  Can you please
confirm for me the correct use of the following:

CREATE TABLE answers (
    qRecId ObjectPtr REFERENCES questions ON DELETE CASCADE NOT NULL INDEXED

This means that when I delete record in the table "questions" having
"recId" = 10, then all the records in table "answers" having "qRecId" =
10 will also be deleted.  Correct?

The "CASCADE" part means that the DELETE command will cascade down to
any object that point to these records in table "answers".  Correct?

Is it permissible to change the type of an ObjectPtr field to an
ordinary ULong?  If I do a ChangeFieldType(val, fieldRef, #kTypeULong),
is this going to break the database?