Tutorial Suggestions & Requests

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Sun Aug 28 11:03:38 CDT 2005

Greetings,

A couple of simple suggestions to improve the tutorial for V4RB2.

[1] Please change the text in the first part from V4MB to read V4RB
it's rather disconcerting.

[2] Whenever you call for creating a PROPERTY, it would be nice to
specify what type of property, as in, mClient as boolean. You do that
in the second part for that property, but you don't specify the
character of the properties throughout the tutorial, e.g., gClient.
gClient as what?

[3] In the first part of the tutorial you call for a method to be
established titled "CreateStructure". In the second part you tell the
reader to go to the method titled OpenOrCreateStructure, which has
not been made.

A request:

Is there a tutorial for building a database in RB using the binary
links feature? I see an example, but I think a tutorial would be very
useful, as this is something totally new, and rather, in my opinion,
exciting.

Regards,

Chuck Pelto